What is power yoga
Power yoga is a term that is becoming very popular nowadays. In this yoga you have to do more movement, whereas in traditional yoga, there is nothing like it. There is nothing different from traditional yoga and power yoga, but the pace of doing asanas has been increased in power yoga. If you are thinking whether it is better to do power yoga or not, then know that there are many benefits of doing power yoga. Let’s know power yoga in detail.
What is power yoga
Power Yoga literally means Shakti Yoga, it is quite popular in western countries which came out in the 1990s, Power Yoga is a yoga which is done very fast. In this yoga, dynamic yoga exercises are practiced. Power yoga is also called gym yoga.
why power yoga is important?
Power yoga is a modified form of our traditional yoga. The special feature of this yoga is that it contains asanas that help in reducing calories by increasing the hot (heart) rate because power yoga is done very fast. Due to which we reduce excess fat in our body, it increases our body’s stamina, body posture, focus.
benefits of power yoga
Talking about power yoga, its benefits are very much, as by doing power yoga, blood circulation increases inside our body, due to which we feel refreshed. Power yoga is also done rapidly, due to which the excess fat is reduced.
list of benefits of power yoga
precaution while doing power yoga
If we talk about precautions, then every exercise should be any type of physical exercise, some precautions are taken in all. Let us know some such precautions, which we should do while doing Power Yoga.
- If you have just started doing Power Yoga, then it would be better to first collect good information about it or seek the help of any guide.
- If your blood pressure is low then avoid doing it or you can resort to traditional yoga.
- Pregnant women should not do this yoga.
- Practice this yoga on an empty stomach or after 3 hours of eating food.
- If you have heart disease, it is not for you.
Warming up is necessary before doing power yoga. In which Surya Namaskar can be done.
some poses of power yoga
- Boat pose
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog pose)
- Camel pose
- Uttakasana (chair pose)
- Half moon pose:
- Chaturanga Dandasana (Plank pose)